Updated: Jul 31, 2019
I love evidence-based facts and statistics. Especially when it comes to sales. ProSales (Peter Vaigur, PhD), who conducts research in this field has come to the following conclusion. The original was in Swedish.
THE DISCUSSION ABOUT SALES AND MARKET INTEGRATION IS CLIMBING UP ON SALES DIRECTORS ' AGENDAS! BUT WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? AND HOW DO YOU DO IT?
1. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
The quantitative effects of integrating sales and marketing:
* Grows 5.4 percentage points faster
* Closes 38% more deals
* Loses 36% fewer customers The qualitative effects of integrating sales and marketing:
* Creates a sales culture and raises market status
* Increases the quality of leads and reduces the leakage of leads
* Market prospects for sales, which in turn saves more time
* Market generates sales-ready leads to sell, which in turn closes more business
2. HOW TO DO IT?
Implement a mix of both automated and manual processes:
* Only 30% of marketing managers have a clear process or programme to prioritise sales and market integration
the definitions of both Market-qualified leads and sales-ready leads:
* 59% of marketers admit that they do not have a formal agreement with sales to determine liability